Wednesday 16 November 2011

What a day for woyww.

It started out as a day of good intentions.  I had thought about what I was going to do, painting wise, while in the shower this morning (only time I get to myself).  I had planned it in my head and just had to print out a few things and then get going.  You see today is What's on your work desk wednesday and also the only day I am home this week, so I was going to kill two birds with one stone and paint the painting for the Inspiration Ave weekly challenge and make it the what's on my desk as well.   I am one of those podantic people who want's everything just right and  I usually take months to complete a painting, normally a large canvas, so how hard can it be to do a piddly little A4 one, BLOOMIN Hard.   The paint reacts differently on paper to canvas and it is very hot in Queensland at the moment, so the paint dries really quickly on paper and knowing that I only have from 9.00am until 2.30pm to do it was playing on my mind.  The result is not good, if I had one more day I could get it to look halfway decent, so hoping some miracle might happen and I will get to play before I have to enter it into the weekly challenge.

Here is my desk today, looks pretty reasonable and (for Tracey) it's a little bit neat too!!


It looks okay from a distance, but close up, I'd pick the pallette over the painting.

Let's hope I get some time to sneak in and finish it before upload time.

21 comments:

  1. I think this is amazing - I was wondering what's that stripe and was thinking - did the heat do that? Now I see it's a wonderful fish - it's beautiful. I can't quite imagine the heat over here but I hope you can find the right speed. I have huge hang-ups with small cards and big mixed media pieces go like a dream.....so I hear you! Thanks for sharing today, Sarah at 2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that fish, he's fab!! Your craft space looks great too, thanks for letting us in to snoop.
    Helen, 12

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh love the fish , and swap you hot for grey and miserable any day!
    Happy woywwing
    Jennie #7

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful painting - love that fish. Wish it was hot here - thanks for the peep at your workspace - Hazel WOYWW #43 x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's amazing too! You may feel differently when you see it with fresh eyes. Your desk is looking very tidy, just one question, what is the tennis ball for?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there; thank you for sharing your place of creativity with us this week, it was great to pop in and visit. I like the painting; it looks great from here!
    Neil #58

    ReplyDelete
  7. Painting looks great - hope you find some more crafty time soon! Thanks for sharing. Sunshine Girl – No 34

    ReplyDelete
  8. Von this is looking amazing... Haven't even thought about the IA challenge yet today and gave up on painting today and did some drawing because it was just too hot so can't believe you were working on paper... turned out great considering how neat your desk is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just doing a quick pass through today ... I am going to get everyone visited!!! That fish is stunning.
    Happy WOYWW
    Cathy xx #19

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I think it looks fab to me and love your space, tidy enough, I'd say,
    Love joZarty x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not usually the one to encourage people to aim lower, but I think you're being very hard on yourself! I get the point about it being on your mind because you only have a fixed amount of time, I can work myself up easily about that sort of thing. This is for a challenge Vonny - a bit of fun and something to help you think out of the box for a while...not something to lose sleep and whip yourself over! Especially as most of us think it's an amazing piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a bit late today on my journey round the desks (shopping day - new handbag) but am trying to get round as many as I can.
    Love your fish, so vibrant - quite like to get my hands on the set of drawers as well ha ha.
    Ann B #39

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ditto what Julia said, love your sunny workspace!

    Thanks for the peek and sharing. Hope you are having a great WOYWW,
    xoxo Marjo #109

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh great fish and painting, desk looks tidy to me too :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing work going on there !

    have a great week !
    Fuchsia @ 87

    ReplyDelete
  16. well, I think your painting looks amazing, lovely colours, lovely art work...scan it in and then you can sell millions of them!! HaPpY WoYwW!?!
    ((Lyn)) #53

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm loving that fish and what a wonderfully neat desk you have! Happy WOYWW #18 ~Robin Panzer Art Studio 33

    ReplyDelete
  18. All I can say is that your worst work on a bad day would beat my best work on a good day!!

    Hugs
    Brenda 86

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow what a hive of activity you have there, gorgeous fish project
    Bridget #29

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was here earlier in the week with IA and now I see how you made this beauty. For being number 1 this week, I'm awfully late visiting. I'll try to do better next time.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your fish painting - gorgeous colours. Is the tennis ball there for a reason, or did you just come in from a game to start painting :) Elizabeth x #78

    ReplyDelete

I really love getting comments but due to a high amount of spam I had to take the anonymous user off of the comments. Sorry to those who can't leave a comment.
Thanks, Von.