Wednesday 9 November 2011

My workdesk wednesday




Today I am going to join  what's on your work desk wednesday, because at last I can enter without the fear of causing someone a heart attack at the mess.  You see I am a grot, can't help it I was born that way. Then I met a wonderful lady called Tracey Fletcher King and she is slowly transforming me into a neater (not neat) person.  I keep looking at her work desk and then looking at mine, no comparison really.   Last week or was it the week before, times flies when you are getting excited, I decided to go to Ikea and get some plan drawers to put all my bits and pieces in.  Then came the enormous task of cleaning up the mess that was my workspace and today I am proud to say that at least half of my room is tidy (hey, it's a start).

I must warn you that the following photos are not for the fainthearted neat people, so skip this bit and move on to the better pictures below them.

These are the before photos:








You can look now, these are the after photos:








I can't promise it will stay this way but at least for a while it is a wonderful sight.

Now back to work, finished with the clay for today and I might do some drawing because I can find my pencils now.

11 comments:

  1. I love love love your new and improved space... those drawers are just about the best thing in my studio as well... I love the new and improved space and you are going to be sooo productive in there... very excited for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a wonderful sight Vonny - I'm of the opinion that once it's sorted, it drifts back to being a mess and then you get real cross with it and sort it again..a cycle, but at least patches of happy tidiness. Well, that's how it goes here anyway! Love the easels..specially as a contrast to the modern furniture.
    Have deleted the two rogue links...better to keep doing it than miss out, so don't fret!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite like the before shots - they look familiar!! Happy woyww, #1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there. Thanks for sharing your creative space with us this week. I hope the rest of the week goes well and creative too!
    Neil #57

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you are a very BRAVE Gal is all I can say!! Show us the before pics is such a refreshing sight... Thanks for sharing your PLAY area with us today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very impressive 'after' photos - love your workspace(Hazel #89 WOYWW)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Argh!! quick someones stolen your room, call the Police!!

    Now see when I clean up, I discover all those places that are empty and just crying out to be filled with crafty goodness, so it ends up in a worse state than before!!

    Have fun

    Happy WOYWW Lou #44

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ditto, my space only stays clean for about a nanosecond...lol Thanks for the peek and sharing. Hope you are having a wonderful WOYWW.

    xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! The after is awesome! (Although, messy Creative Me never saw a real problem with the before picture LOL). Thanks for sharing. Have fun with the clay and pencils. -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow well done on the big tidy up! however we all know you can't get crafty and stay tidy at the same time :o) I love your crafty space x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your clay pieces ...and your mess ...I think we are soul mates in that respect. Question ....will you be able to find every thing now its tidy?lol

    ReplyDelete

I really love getting comments but due to a high amount of spam I had to take the anonymous user off of the comments. Sorry to those who can't leave a comment.
Thanks, Von.