Wednesday 22 August 2012

Woyww a sneak peak and more fish

Not a lot got done in the last week.
Life got in the way again,
with running errands
and boys turnings 21,
it got quite hectic.

I did manage to do a 
quick painting
last friday
and you can have a peek at it on my desk today.


I played with my watercolours and only gave myself an hour
to do it, mostly because I was supposed to be cleaning the house,
but also because I want to see what I can do if I don't finish
to a fine detail.
I have to say, I am quite happy with it
but still need lots of practise
at painting these little critters.

I will reveal the whole picture for
this weeks Artist's Playroom
tomorrow.

I painted a little more of my fish 
over the week and that is where I was today.

I have included some step by step 
pics.




You may remember that last week I had drawn up the fish
in these two shots I painted the blue background on
and put in some of the darker blue for the fish.


 Here I have started to rough in the fish.
I find it's here that their character develops.





This is just to place the colour,
nothing is shaded or blended yet.




It's the ugly stage, where they are rough and ready
but starting to come alive.

I was hoping to finish roughing them all in today
but my little miss is home from school
with yet another cold!!

I will be so glad when winter is over,
bring on spring I say.

My desk is spread around when I paint in the family room,
The plastic pastry storers on the desk
are actually my paint palletes.
I squirt the paint in them and it keeps them wet for weeks,
I have a magnifying glass over the book that I am painting from,
brushes are on the desk, over on the kitchen bench and down on the white table
that Smudge the guinea pig lives on.
My boxes of paints are on the floor.

I like to spread out.

Now you have seen my desks for the week,
hop on over to Julia's 
Stamping Ground and see what 
everyone else has on 
their desks this week.

PS. Sorry it's long Julia
but I only do two posts a week :)






28 comments:

  1. You are very talented, I also love your white kitchen, makes me think of summer, yay bring on summer for the Southern hemisphere
    Bridget #7

    ReplyDelete
  2. The painting is looking awesome and now I am all excited to see my baby... just that peek of him made me very impatient... and the fish are going to be soooo good... get painting and ignore that cleaning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy WOYWW. I love your painting - and your bright white room makes me think of holidays. Ali x #55

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh, that fish piece is coming along so beautifully. I think acrylics have less of an ugly stage as watercolors. That's not such an ugly stage as it is missing it's detail, now watercolor at this stage is UGLY, lol.
    You so make me want to buy some acrylics and try. Maybe soon. Owe you an email, I know.
    Many hugs,
    Trace's Mushu hiding there?? OOh, can't WAIT to see him. :o)
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your painting is stunning - great colours & so lifelike - the canvass is going to be brilliant when it is finished ! I am in awe of you working on such a large scale - I am just learning about drawing & painting & work small to keep my mistakes small too ! Ali #54

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow such a lovley painting you did , jill #48

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your fish painting! Yes working big is good.very good for grewat bold statements.Your fish will be wonderful!
    Judy #40

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so creative with your lovely painting. Thanks for sharing your workspace. Hope you have a good week. Hazel WOYWW #8 x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely awesome canvas you clever talented lady.
    Love Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Those fish are stunning already (and you say they are at the ugly stage?!) You are so talented. Hope the celebrations went well. Hugs, Buttons #81

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow your painting is really starting to come together! Love the bright blue background and the fish are starting to look gorgeous. Have a great week and thanks for sharing. Vickie #68

    ReplyDelete
  12. THATS the ugly stage???????!! Can't wait to see it finished, it'll be fabulous!! Trish #90

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, your painting is amazing. The canvas is beautiful. X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those fish are fabulous, it's great to see them coming to life

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very interesting!!! I have zero painting talent, so admire those like you who do!! Had to laugh on the "should have been cleaning the house" comment....I think we've all been there!

    Jeannie #62

    ReplyDelete
  16. I finally cleaned up my kitchen area from all my supplies. You are a very talented painter! #138 Hope the little Missy gets better and soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had to smile at the fish aquarium sitting on your counter, have you ever tried to paint it? Also thanks for the step by step painting procedures, it's always fun to see the someone creates. Hopefully little miss will be feeling better soon and spring is just around the corner! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is coming along beautifully Vonny! I'm so excited to see it progress. Thank you for sharing the journey :0)

    ReplyDelete

  19. Very nice fish! Love the colors ! Thanks for sharing the progression of your creation! dix---

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG, your fish have come alive! I can't believe you call that the ugly stage.... oh, no, my dear!

    I love seeing the progress - thanks for sharing!

    No photos of my desk this week but I promise I'll post one next week.

    Hugs, Kay #30

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really love seeing your step by step process!
    Mary Jo #120

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those fish are going to be amazing!!! Love them. I like spreading out too, I don't mean to, it just seems to happen.
    My DH keeps saying he is going to find some of my stuff in the fridge one day. LOL
    Happy belated WOYWW!
    Tertia #52

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow what a gorgeous piece of artwork in progress. Just stunning.
    And because I am a day late, I enjoyed your parrot pics too. Smart bird. Keep smiling and creating Happy WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  24. The painting is really starting to come to life. I loved seeing it in steps, so thanks for sharing it. dani #137

    ReplyDelete
  25. We need to meet Smudge the guinea pig someday! I do like your new studio, so much space and openness. The fish are really starting to come to life--looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Vonny, your art is so awesome... Love the fish.

    Thanks for your lovely comment - actually I was hoping for a house with a nice big garden and put them all in a tent, so I could have the whole house AND the garage for art lol lol!!

    Unfortnately Dad took a turn for the worse the next day and is in hospital. He's looking very old and frail and it's so sad. Hopefully he'll be better enough to come home soon. My hubby is being an absolute tower of strength and I don't know what any of us would do without him! He's off visiting them again this p.m. but I'm having a restful day at home and trying to recover some strength. Hope to see them again tomorrow.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #35

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh gosh! I love seeing the step by step on these fish! :)
    Hope the little one is feeling better by now.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a lovely painting, you are so talented.

    ReplyDelete

I really love getting comments but due to a high amount of spam I had to take the anonymous user off of the comments. Sorry to those who can't leave a comment.
Thanks, Von.