Wednesday 24 April 2013

It's official - Computers and anything electronic - suck!!

You might have noticed that I haven't
written a post for a while,
or not, but I forgive you for that.

I have been fighting a losing battle
with my computer and anything electronic in my house.

My computer decided that it just wasn't going to start up
and I had to keep turning the power on and off until
it decided to play the game.
Sometimes it took a week to play.

Now it has decided it will start up but my mouse pen
has gone nuts.

Now some of you may know that I am blonde and as such,
I just can't use a regular mouse.
I drive it all over the place and it never goes where I want it to, 
so my wonderful computer friend set me up with a Wacom tablet and pen
(which doubles a mouse) many years ago and I haven't looked back.
That is until the pen went nuts.  It can be in it's holder and things start
to highlight and move, rather creepy actually.
 I have to hit the pad numerous times before it does anything and then it gets stuck and won't let go of things, argh!!! 
 Highlighting anything is a whole new adventure.


So, I have decided that enough is enough and I'm going to post
with or without the co-operation of this evil being, so if things 
are all over the place, blame the pen.

Here is my desk, it's rather a sorrowful sight.

Although you can't see it, I have been chasing this image all over the place but I thinks it has settled here for now.
 Even my paints and paintings are right where they are month ago.
 I haven't picked up a pen or brush for ages
but now I am determined to get back to it.

From next week I plan to pick up the brushes again
and if this stinking computer will play nice for once,
I might even be able to show you.

There have been heaps more electronic
 gadgets that have made my life
hell lately but that is for another post,
if it will let me.

I hope to be able to visit other WOYWWer's this week,
but please forgive me if this evil machine prevents that.

Now you have read my tale of woe (he he),
hop on over to Julia's Stamping Ground
and see what is on the desk of others this fine and warm Wednesday.

PS.  I've just noticed that the text is a bit weird
but on my compose screen it is fine,
just another thing playing up I guess!!!






 


21 comments:

  1. You have my sympathy, Vonny. It's amazing how we become so dependent on our electronic devices. When my computer died over a year ago, I was in a state of panic with my immediate thoughts being about how on earth would I manage to pay my bills and do my banking, not to mention staying in touch with friends. Needless to say, I got a new computer that very same day as I felt totally lost without it. Shameful, isn't it?! lol

    I do hope the computer starts behaving for you. Good luck.

    Btw, I'm loving those projects on your work desk. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Technology...sigh...when it's good, it's very very good, but when it's bad, it's horrid.....I had wondered where you'd got to, actually, but know the reason why now! Hope it continues to stay sorted while you go around the WOYWWers today.
    Nice to see you back, anyway!!
    Hugs, LLJ 22 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the fish painting. Hate it when technology gets the better of me too! Good luck! Belinda Basson (Bella) #19

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sorry you're having computer problems - technology is wonderful when it works, otherwise it's a pain the neck!
    but you posted, you shared your desk, and we're here to say hello and we share your pain... :)
    happy WOYWW and have a great week!
    no. 1 - can't believe it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there. Thanks for the peek into your creative world.
    It's lousy when technology fights with us, I think we are the generation that uses it but doesn't know how to fix it when it goes wrong! But your desk looks great I hope you get time to create again.
    Neil#27

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh computer issues... eeek! Hope you get them resolved soon.. and your desk gets back to normal! Helen 2

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry to hear you have been having computer issues I do hope they sort themselves out so you can craft and share it withHappy WOYWW and thank you for sharing your desk
    Ria #60 us all

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back!!
    Urgh, stupid techy stuff!
    The fish in the background look awesome.
    Laura
    (not posted my desk this week so don't have a number)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely canvas designs. Good luck with the techy stuff. I am so lucky I have my very own tech guy!
    Karen #64

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your cows and your fish paintings!
    Kim #107

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am easily confused by computer stuff. My heart goes out to you. If it weren't for my son and DIL I'd be writing on cave walls. Go--paint--enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We do become dependent on our electric toys! Good luck with all your techy things. Happy WOYWW! Nan G #98

    ReplyDelete
  13. You must be going a bit nuts, but hopefully by now you are busy painting and drawing and getting back into it, and maybe the hassles will fix themselves... not likely i know, but you never know...xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd been missing your work too, so I'm glad you got your computer to work. I love those whimsical cow paintings, they made me smile. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My dear father was one of the very first computer programmers EVER and he used to call them all Fred (f... ridiculous electronic device), seems like you have a Fred too! LOL They are fantastic things when they work though.
    Happy belated WOYWW!
    Tertia #17

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Von,

    Yep, it must have been in the universe since we both were having problems! I have a netbook that's seven years old and I really don't want to buy another computer just yet - but I can see it coming!

    Love your cow paintings!!!

    Thanks for stopping by already.
    Happy WOYWW
    Kay (14)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely projects and good luck with your computer. Hope you win this battle!

    Maggie
    http://maggiescraft.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I know just what you're going through Vonny...my laptop is definitely playing silly B%#@#&s with me too. I get message boxes popping up all the time. I think I have to wait until the wind is blowing in the right direction now...well I've tried everything else!?!?? :/
    Poor you...it is so maddening isn't it? I hope things settle down and you do still manage to post regularly because you've been missed so much. Looking forward to seeing your artwork soon.
    Have a wonderful weekend with or without your computer!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well thank goodness it kept going long enough for you to visit me today, I have been missing for a while too so understand your frustrations. Fingers crossed you keep going. Love the paintings of the cows! Hugs, Anne x #37

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Vonny. So sorry you've got the tech gremlins staying at you place at the moment - very unwelcome house guests! Hope you do get back to your creating soon - you deep sea diving cow made me smile. Thanks for your visit, sorry I'm late dropping by MMx #44

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh technology, technology! it was supposed to make our lives easier (and does on the occasion that it actually WORKS), but more often than not it elevates me blood pressure more than any old fashioned contraption (like pen and paper) does. so sorry you are wrestling with yours. may all the old fashioned dependables be a source of sanity to you in this time of techno-aggrevation!

    ReplyDelete

I really love getting comments but due to a high amount of spam I had to take the anonymous user off of the comments. Sorry to those who can't leave a comment.
Thanks, Von.